
...I've finally made it to a mile! That is, running for a mile (and 1/10) without stopping. My speed is nothing to brag about --- 11 min. 50 seconds without dog, and 13 minutes dragging along an 11 year old dog (poop scooping not included ). It's not impressive to my super athletic blogging buddies, but to me it is major, because it all started 2 years ago with tiny baby steps. It started with walking to the count of 5 and running to the count of 5, and building up my run walks by counts of 5s. Then at a certain point, I focused on increasing the running times, building up very gradually. My goal for the next 6 months is to build up to 2 miles, and then, by this time next year, I hope to be up to 3 miles. It would be fun to enter the "old ladies" division of a 5 K race and maybe win. (I love New Balance Running Shoes (made in USA!) and get them for a real good price at finalscore.com)
2 comments:
congrats mom! thats awesome.
You rock!!
Post a Comment