Friday, January 30, 2009

Catchin' up on January happenings

Day after New Year's, we drove this car out to Provo with Jeremy (he's happy to finally have some wheels other than his bike). We were there just 3 days, and were scared of driving around in the snow and ice. Regretfully, we never made it outside of Provo to visit Carl's sister who lives north of Salt Lake.
We walked around in a snow globe, enjoyed visiting the Hinckley Alumni Center (in background), hung out with the boys, took in a BYU basketball game, spent time in the library, bookstore, visited some great classes, attended Devotional with Jeremy, etc.

When we got back to Texas, we headed to Emily and Brian's home, where we attended the blessing of their sweet baby, Laila.


Now, that I'm back home again, I'm going to start cutting out this cute material Courtney picked out for the baby quilt that I'm making for my newest grandson, Colby.

3 comments:

Emily said...

It looks like it was very cold in Utah!

Courtney said...

oh i love the stripe material, yeah!! I'm so glad you found it. Thank you so much for making this for him, I'm so excited for it! I'm glad the car did good going out there for you guys.

Laurie said...

I want to know what pattern you are using. I love the animal print. What fun it is to start a new project.