Grandpa is retiring ! We've been planning this for several years now, and had been planning on retiring in Jan., but then, the company generously offered a package deal to downsize its workforce. The timing was so perfect. Monday, July 13 is the big day! We'll be joining the ranks of the blissfully unemployed.
I'm looking forward to not getting up every morning at 5:30 to pack a lunch for Carl. Now he'll finally get around to completing the never-ending "honey do" list, the things he's been promising me for 20 years he'd do (like shelving units for upstairs playroom). Although we'll have more freedom to go places whenever we want, we'll still be grounded until "little" Carl graduates from high school next year. I do have a few concerns, such as sharing this computer, and I'm sure we'll be driving each other crazy during the adjustment period. I'm wondering how long it will take for Carl to get bored being at home. He has a car project going on in the garage that will keep him busy for a while. There are several other big projects, such as replacing the siding on the house. If he gets really bored of being a home body, there is already a company that wants to hire him part time, or as much time as he wants, to help them with stuff.
A week ago, Carl got it in his brain that he wants to get one of these for retirement.
It would save on hotel bills, if we decide to travel a bit. However, it is scary thinking of pulling into an RV park full of old retired people! I'm not too enthused when he shows me photos of these travel trailers on the Internet.
Stay tuned for future episodes of "Retirement".
1 comment:
great picture of a retired couple!
Post a Comment