It's been so hot this summer, that I wasn't sure I'd ever get a fall garden in. Got a load of garden mix soil from the dirt yard. Carl worked it in with a shovel (we'll use the tiller in the spring), and got it all planted in an hour -- lettuce, red and green cabbage, broccoli, chives, cilantro, dill, yellow crook neck squash. Most of it will be unaffected by the few bouts of really cold weather we get in the winter.
My
most fun summer project, which was finally completed this weekend, is this twin size quilt I made for sweet Ava (
stitch in the ditch for the main body of the quilt, and hand quilting around the flowers in the border). I told Ava every time she pulls the quilt over her, that Grammy is giving her a hug.

5 comments:
Ava was excited when we put the quilt on her bed she loves it, thanks for making it for her!
Love the quilt! and that's awesome you got the garden done too, enjoy it for us while we are frozen up here!
the quilt is really cute. love the colors.
Fabulous Quilt! Are you making a twin now for each grandchild?
that's such an adorable quilt!!!
Post a Comment