Friday, January 8, 2010

pa and I settling down for a long winter's nap



Thanks to an Arctic Blast, it's so cold here in Texas that...
  • our teenage son wore long pants to school this morning instead of his usual shorts.
  • a church social  was cancelled for this evening.
  • birds are trying to peck through frozen bird baths to get a drink.
  • -- not kidding you -- since the cold snap (Thurs. night), grandpa and I have been wearing these caps to bed.  Grandpa refused to pose for the picture, so I had to enlist Mr. Baloon. (I've grown soft living here in Texas. I'm the kid who used to play out all day long in the ice and snow back east, til my hands and feet were frozen.)
  • the only one who believes in Global Warming is Al Gore.

3 comments:

Emily said...

funny post! I was wondering why you were posing next to a ballon until i read a bit further.

Jessica said...

have you heard of a heater? funny post!

Lauren said...

that is so funny! you know it's cold when tata wears long pants to school!