Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Aiden's quilt

Aiden(age 5)  wants me to make him a quilt. He's been wanting me to make him one for a long time. Somehow, I never made him a baby guilt. When he was born, I was busy making a twin sized quilt for his older brother. I thought he'd never notice or even care that he didn't get a quilt. (Boys aren't supposed to notice stuff like that.)
 But when he saw me working on a quilt for one of his cousins, he got real excited and asked, "Are you making that for me?" I promised him I'd make one especially for him.  Everytime I see him, he reminds me about his "blanket".
So when Aiden was here the other weekend, I told him, we'd get online so he could pick out his fabrics. As the weekend progressed, I totally forgot. As his family was packing up to go home again, Aiden said, "Remember Grammy, we've got to pick out the quilt material". I told his mom and dad they couldn't leave yet.  We ran to the computer and here's the material Aiden picked out for his quilt:

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That is going to be a very cool quilt! Excited to see the final product.

Courtney said...

Cute fabric choices! It's so cute that he keeps reminding you to make him one.