After 3 years of many baby steps, and very gradually working up to this, this old body accomplished the impossible -- my first ever 5 K (3 miles) race. My goal was to do the entire race without walking or stopping, which I did. My time was 35 minutes, nothing to brag about --- but it was so so much fun. I got a big kick out of seeing how many people half my age I could catch up with and pass. I started way near the back, figuring I'd be one of the really, really slow ones, but ended up in at least the upper third of the group.
It was fun doing this event with Walter and Jessica. They ran the 10K, something that seems to me so hard to do. Maybe, when I'm 70, I'll give that one a try (that would be in the wheelchair division).


3 comments:
way to go mom!
that's awesome!!
That's awesome, I don't think I'll ever be a runner but I guess you never know!
Post a Comment