Monday, April 12, 2010

celebration of 36 years together!

From this (taken on one of our first dates) ....
and, in the blink of an eye, to this!

As I reflect on 36 years of marriage (as of April 9), I feel thankful for being with someone who
  • has always put God and family first
  • has worked hard to provide a good living so I could be a "stay-at-home" mom
  • is a man of honor and integrity
  • has always been willing to pick up a broom or vacuum cleaner, wash dishes, bathe little ones, and finally , with baby #8, been willing to change a poopy diaper
  •  can fix just about anything, including my sewing machine (extra brownie points!)
  •  loves silly me!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

i love that photo of you and dad! :) and that cartoon is too funny. happy anniversary!

Emily said...

Happy anniversary!! I just emailed you the easter picture of the kids.

sylvia said...

Happy anniversary! What a good lookin' couple!