Saturday, April 24, 2010

a trip to Bimidji

Last week, while a volcano erupted in Iceland and an earthquake rattled China, I took a trip to a peaceful place, far way, in Minnesota ---spent time with, and helped out our oldest son's sweet family, and met the newest addition, little Saige (2 weeks old).
The weather was perfect as we visited Bemidji State Park. What a pioneer woman Courtney is, going for a hike two weeks after giving birth.
          It was fun to see Colby interact with little sister --
and to see him give sweet kisses, along with a few pokes in the face, and stealing her tiny pink binkie.
       to see Colby enjoying time with Dad (on the shores of beautiful Lake Bemidji).
                             or taking care of their little princess
                         or just doing guy things -- like 4-wheelin'
       Colby enjoys spending time with Mom too--
      But most of the time Mom is busy with baby sister.
 So Colby got to spend lots of time playing with Grammy, going for wagon rides, and collecting rocks to throw out of the wagon--

It was so nice for this Grammy to see this face first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
and to give sweet Saige lots and lots of cuddles and kisses --

(P.S. -- Saige with the quilt I made her)
That was my wonderful week. 

4 comments:

Emily said...

Love all the pictures! I'm glad you had a good trip.

Courtney said...

we loved having you here. miss you!

Laurie said...

Beautiful baby. I didn't get to go to CA; I still have children at home that NEED me.

Lauren said...

such cute photos of colby and saige! looks like you had a great time.