Monday, June 28, 2010

a lot has been going on this month (part 1)

The first part of June, we drove for 8 hours, through the heart of Texas and to the panhandle to the college town of Lubbock for several days of our youngest's freshman orientation at Texas Tech University.

                                                                   Go Red Raiders!

He'd die if he knew I was taking this picture. This was the last hour of the last day we were there, and Carl was pulling up the list of books he'll need in the Fall.

It was a great orientation, with lots of informative sessions for both parents and students. Carl got to meet with his advisors in the college of mass communications and with their guidance, registered  for his fall classes. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, and we met some wonderful folks.

Back to humid Houston, after enjoying the dry, cooler weather in Lubbock. (Dad had fun spending time at the university he graduated from. Although I didn't graduate from Tech, I was really impressed with the place and think it's the prettiest campus next to BYU.)

No comments: