| 1953, Warwick, R.I. -- the Bully and his intended victim (me, age 6) |
In 2nd grade, he took a liking to me. One day at recess, he told me, in a very threatening manner, that if I didn't hold hands with him on the walk home from school, that he'd follow me, throwing rocks on me the whole way. (In the good old days, little kids would walk home from school, usually with others (along a busy highway), with no parents accompanying them-- and it was almost a mile.)
I shouted back at him, "No! I won't hold hands with you!". He trailed me and my little friends all the way home, but not a single rock was thrown. I guess the Bully really liked me, in his own wierd way.
1 comment:
poor little boy, that's amazing you still remember his first and last name.
Post a Comment