Tuesday, January 25, 2011

wild horses! yikes!

Sometimes life can get a little boring around here, with just me and grandpa hanging around the house.
Then something happens, like this afternoon, to get the adrenalin going again.  wild horses!
I thought I had secured the gate, but the horses (2 of them) got out! That's what you get for living in the wild west.  I was out "visting teaching"(our church's program of church ladies ministering to other church ladies). 

When my compainion and I arrived at our first lady's house, she had taken her horses out of their pasture,and they were munching grass in the front yard, which was surrounded by a fence.  While us ladies were having a nice little visit, those darned horses had escaped! 

 Luckily, with the help of a cowboy on a bike, the horses were shooed back home. My and my sweet little companion, who's almost 80 and frail (She won't see this. She doesn't know how to use a computer), stood in the middle of the street by the open gate. With the horses approaching us at a gallop, we put our lives on the line and stood there, hollering and frantically waving our arms. Instead of plowing us down, the horses put on their brakes and did a right turn into their own yard.
Big sigh of relief and enough action for one day!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

wow! sounds like a very exciting afternoon visit!