Monday, February 14, 2011

a lovely day

The day started off with breakfast for the two of us, with heartshaped pancakes for my sweetheart (heart-healthy, of course, made with oat flour, white wheat flour,flaxseed, cherries, almonds, etc, -- topped with peach yoghurt, blueberries) I just take a regular buttermilk pancake recipe and do substitutions.)

Then the mailman came and brought a surprise all the way from Minnesota --
The grandbabies painted these hearts!

This totally made our day! Thank you Saige and Colby (and mommy for being so creative)!
And it's only 10:00 a.m. What a great start to a lovely day.
Happy Valentine's day and love to all!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

that card is sooo cute that colby and saige made with their little handprints. love it!

Courtney said...

I forgot to comment before, but I'm so glad that you enjoyed the card! We had fun making it. Thanks for Colby's card, he loves getting stuff in the mail. He loved his money too!