Then on Father's Day weekend (Sat.) Grandpa and I participated, along with 2,000 supporters, in the prostate cancer awareness 5k (3 mi.) race in downtown Houston.
Grandpa was awesome, winning a medal for a 3rd place finish in his age division. The triple digit heat really slowed me down, and I missed getting a medal in my age division by one place. I was so thrilled for Grandpa to get a medal; he sure is a winner in my eyes.
After a quick shower and change of clothes, we headed down I-10 to spend the rest of the day celebrating this sweet grandson's 7th birthday. (Love that boy!)
We wrapped up June with Jeremy flying in from Utah for a week's visit. It had been a long time since he'd been home, and we've been really missing him. It was so good to hang out with him. We took Jeremy, along with his brother Carl, to the Jamail Skate boarding park overlooking downtown Houston, and had fun watching all the action.
1 comment:
that's a great action shot you got of jeremy on his skateboard! it was fun to have him visit. the kids had lots of fun with him.
Post a Comment