Friday, October 7, 2011

Bunches of Babies & a Baptism

In Texas, where everything is bigger and better, we have had a very big two weeks!
It all started on Thursday, Sept. 22, when Emily's 5th baby surprised everyone by arriving 2 weeks early.
Dahia, 6 days old -- the tail end of her first smile

Dahlia Eve is a very sweet, calm baby.  During labor, 6 lb. 12 oz. Dahlia turned into breech position.  It was such a blessing that Emily was able to deliver her easily without having a C-section.

Then, on Tues., Oct. 4, Lauren had her 5th baby!
8 lb. 7 oz. Lorelei, just 4 hours old


 Lorelei Anya looks so much like her momma when she was born. As I held her for the first time, I couldn't help but call her "Lor-Lor", which was what I called Lauren when she was a baby. Looks as if she will be  sweet and calm like her 11 day older cousin.

Grammy and Grandpa (he's not angry, just squinting into sun) with 11th grandchild, Dahlia

Grammy with 12th grandchild, Lorelei

On Sept. 24, in between these two births, sweet grandaughter Kyla was baptized !
8 year old Kyla & her Daddy

Stay tuned for more excitement next month, when Jeremy gets married and Grandpa and I wait to recieve our mission call.

2 comments:

Emily said...

It was nice having you and dad here for a week, thanks for all your help!

Lauren said...

never a dull moment! thanks again for all your help!