Monday, September 29, 2014

40th Anniversary Cruise

A few days after our Utah trip, we hit the high seas for a very relaxing 40th wedding anniversary cruise. We sailed in April, a week before Easter. 
                       


                            

Previously, we had taken two cruises with Royal Caribbean. This time we cruised with Princess, on a smaller ship. We weren't disappointed. The other retired couples we dined with each night were so great! We loved being with them, and felt like old friends at the end of the week.


We even ran into our nephew Matt and his girlfriend Leslie, who were on the same cruise as us!


We saw the typical Caribbean cruise sights -- colorful Mexican markets, ancient Mayan ruins, turquoise seas. 

                          



Carl insisted on buying me a new diamond wedding ring set while we were the Caribbean. I was perfectly content with the Walmart cubic zirconia that replaced the engagement ring diamond I lost a few years ago. Here is my 40th anniversary gift that we got at a price we were able to bargain for at Diamonds International.
                               

What a sweet husband I have! I'm glad he talked me into getting this -- good to go for another 40 years of marriage!

No comments: