a new running shirt for my birthday! (didn't get the neck transplant I had asked for)older, but more limber.
This month I had a birthday I hope none of my blogger buddies ever have to experience -- the big 60! I hoped I could avoid having a birthday this year. But it just happened, along with a few more wrinkles. How did I ever get to be 60? The only consolation is the following: all of you out there will also experience this traumatic event, and to some people, like folks in their 80's, 90's and 100's, I'm still a young chick. The other day when I was grocery shopping in Krogers ,I was horrified to find the store filled with senior citizens (I won't ever go back on a Wed. morning). In every aisle, old retired men hanging on to shopping carts followed their wives around the store. The worst thing was the realization that I was now in that age group. The only good thing about being 60 is that I have a 10% off Kroger senior plus shoppers card (you have to be 60 to get one). The only things that lightened my mood were the realizations that my husband was still at work, and that I could outmanuever all the retired folks down an aisle.
Now that I am a senior citizen, I have a few gems of advice for my blogger buds : 1. scarf up on all your antioxidents (blueberries, etc. -- if you were to visit me at 8:00 a.m. you'd notice that my fingernails are stained blue from all the blueberries I put on my high fiber bowl of oatmeal) 2. excercise is the fountain of youth (if I tell myself and others that often enough, I'll believe it). Take another look at the photo above to see not only how much I've aged since the big birthday but how limber I am! If you were to visit me at 7:00 a.m., I'd tell you to bring along your running shoes and excerise mat, handweights, balance ball, etc. On Mon, Wed. and Fri. I'd take you along for my grammy run (it's taken almost 2 years to build up to almost 3/4 mi. non stop running -- the rest, a run -walk (I'm in training for the age 80 and over ladies division of the senior olympics held in St. George, Utah). If you visit me on Tues. and Thurs., I am doing weight training and yoga with the slave driver excercise lady on BYU T.V. Well, I hope this motivates you. My motivation is pure despiration!

1 comment:
Celebrating your 60th is better than the alternative! Happy Birthday....hbxomp
Post a Comment