....and (drum roll) the very first tomatoes ripening on the vine! I recently picked up this little trick -- to place cheese cloth over tomatoes soon as they turn orange to prevent birds from pecking at them. So far it's workingMonday, May 12, 2008
Here is why I love playing in the dirt!
The results! 7 weeks after planting the garden, besides the lettuce we've been eating for a few weeks, we now have lots of green beans -- here are some Jessica cooked up for mother's day dinner -- they were sooo good. In the past, I've had to use Miracle Grow to get good results -- got these best ever results through only using a combo of rose dirt, Black Cow composted manure (at Lowe's) and bone meal.
....and (drum roll) the very first tomatoes ripening on the vine! I recently picked up this little trick -- to place cheese cloth over tomatoes soon as they turn orange to prevent birds from pecking at them. So far it's working
....and (drum roll) the very first tomatoes ripening on the vine! I recently picked up this little trick -- to place cheese cloth over tomatoes soon as they turn orange to prevent birds from pecking at them. So far it's working
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment