Yes, I sure did. Earlier this month I turned 62 (not too depressed about it, since I'm still below 65.) ..... and to celebrate this birthday month I finally did it --- during my long run today, I reached my goal of easily running 2 miles without stopping. Don't snicker all you super marathoners out there; it took me a long time to get to this point, a lot of baby steps, a major accomplishment for me. 5K here I come ... someday! What a beautiful day to be in Texas, and running in the park -- 71 degrees, no humidity, sunny, blue sky. Meanwhile, up north in Minnesota, Mark is buying ice skates for his family so they can skate on the frozen pond in back of their house.
Saturday, December 19, 2009
this old grammy did it!
Yes, I sure did. Earlier this month I turned 62 (not too depressed about it, since I'm still below 65.) ..... and to celebrate this birthday month I finally did it --- during my long run today, I reached my goal of easily running 2 miles without stopping. Don't snicker all you super marathoners out there; it took me a long time to get to this point, a lot of baby steps, a major accomplishment for me. 5K here I come ... someday! What a beautiful day to be in Texas, and running in the park -- 71 degrees, no humidity, sunny, blue sky. Meanwhile, up north in Minnesota, Mark is buying ice skates for his family so they can skate on the frozen pond in back of their house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
way to go mom!
happy belated birthday Aunt Nancy! I think that's very impressive to run 2 miles without stopping.
Post a Comment